The firm specializes in distressed corporate debt and special situation equity interests. Core investments are directed toward economic dislocations caused by financial market turbulence, misunderstood assets and out-of-favor companies and properties. Acquisitions have been made in more than 35 states plus the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Industry sectors include basic manufacturing, distribution, energy support, financial service companies and real estate
- Company revenues typically between $10MM and $150MM
- Investment size generally between $2MM and $20MM with access to substantial co-investment capital for larger transactions
- Positions in an amount or structure that minimize unilateral action by other investors
- Discounted corporate debt
- Recapitalizations and reorganizations
- Operating turnarounds
- Companies confronting difficult ownership change
- Divestitures of non-strategic subsidiaries
- Direct secondaries
The firm strives to achieve superior risk-adjusted returns without compromising the preservation of capital. Performance is reinforced by an expertise in all areas of asset acquisition and management including, but not limited to, due diligence, pricing, account maintenance and information technology.